Maranatha Community Church has a heart for those in need and is looking to practically touch communities with God’s love, at the point of their need.
One of the methods we use is to seek like-minded people, in the communities, who are effectively reaching out. We then partner with them in making a greater impact in that area. Where there is a strong leadership and an established ministry, we find that our input is more effective.
We use Acts 1:8 as a motivation where it tells us to be witnesses of Jesus in Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria and to the ends of the earth. Hence we have projects running in our city, our province, our nations and in key ministries around the world.
- In the Valley of Thousand Hills, near Hillcrest in Kwa-zulu Natal, South Africa, we have assisted the local community in erecting a church facility. Not only is it used for celebration on a Sunday, it also serves numerous community projects in the area. We provide assistance in caring for the children of this region, one of the hardest hit by HIV/AIDS, and organise regular outreaches to this locality.
- In Grabouw in the Western Cape of South Africa is a ministry reaching out to, particularly, the farm working community. We are privileged to assist in the good work already being done which includes an orphanage, day care facility, basic skills development and paraplegic home as well as a feeding scheme catering for about 600 children. A fully-fledged church is run in this district and besides financial support, we send teams down to assist wherever we can.
- It is our desire to impact the community closer to home, and as such we are involved with our local police station. A prayer room has been established and all the churches in the area are encouraged to pray on-site for our police force and, specifically, for the crime situation. We believe that in so doing, we are partnering with other churches in our district to become more effective. We are also in the process of assisting, wherever possible, churches further a-field in replicating what has been done closer to home.
- Prison ministry, and more specifically planting churches within the prison system, is another way we are reaching out. This involvement includes Sunday church services as well as discipleship courses. Again, we partner with a church, in this case near the prison, and run with them for a time until the prison church is established.
- We also invest in existing ministries which are independent or Government assisted. We partner with and assist these and many have become the benchmark or standard of well run, effective ministries.
We are very excited, and indeed, positive, about what God is doing today, and even more excited to play whatever role God would have us play in winning souls for Him, and see Him change lives. All glory to God!